Ok, short and sweet here: This is the issue:
- Your brain runs your body.
- Your brain needs oxygen to work.
- Your blood carries oxygen all over your body, including that awesome brain of yours.
- The chocking game cuts off oxygen since you can’t breathe.
- So no oxygen gets on board the blood cells to travel all over your body including, once again, that awesome brain of yours.
- When your brain doesn’t get oxygen, it stops working.
- When your brain stops working, body functions stop working.
- And when your body stops working, well, you know what that means: Death.
And yes, adults may say they have done this choking game thing when they were kids, and it is old and has been around for a while. BUT the bottom line is, when they were kids, kids were really hurt and died from the choking game. And, I hate to say that’s still true. And just as bad sometimes, even if the kids are found before it’s too late, they can have permanent brain damage. So what? Well, if you live with brain damage, you won’t be able to think right or remember things. You won’t be able to learn new things or make decisions. You might not be able to balance or move properly. You might even be paralyzed. You might not be able to breathe without a machine. Forever. I mean, think about it, hanging is a form of punishment where criminals are killed – because choking the neck area causes death!
Looking for some excitement or something that really thrills you? Try a new sport! Go hang out with some different people. Try a new instrument. Go visit a new place. Do something that you dream about being good at but are too scared to try! Go to a scary haunted house. Go to an amusement park and ride the scariest fastest rides you can find! You get the idea. Trying new things can give you the same rush or high that you might be looking for…. And is a much better way to get it.