Important things to remember when using a condom:
- Put the rolled-up condom on the tip of an erect penis.
- Unroll it over the penis while holding on to the small pouch at the condom’s tip. It is important to keep a small amount of space for the semen to collect between the end of the penis and the tip of the condom.
- Make sure to take the penis out of the vagina when it is still erect so that no semen leaks out into the vagina.
- Also, when taking the erect penis out of the vagina after sex, the condom should be held at the base of the penis to keep semen from leaking out of the condom.
- The condom should be thrown away after one use.
- Condoms with spermicide are not recommended. They can increase the risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- If the condom tears or rolls off inside the vagina, the woman should take emergency contraception as soon as possible within five days.
Thanks again to the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP). There is a ton of great info on their website (including info on the female condom) .... www.arhp.org